Mar 13, 2016

So Much Happiness with My Family on My Birthday

Let's pretend that I have blogged in the last year. Life has been so crazy busy that it has been hard to have the time to blog. But I have been reading our blog the last few days, I love reading about what our family was doing when the kids were younger. I know I will really regret not having blogged this past year. I have been good about writing in my journal, so there is some record but that is not the same.

Last weekend was my birthday. I feel so spoiled every year by Lou and the kids, this year was no exception. On Saturday, Kira had an orchestra rehearsal, so Lou took her so I could have the morning to myself. I had a nice long workout, which is my favorite thing to do in the morning. I slowly got ready and enjoyed the quiet. When Lou and the kids got home we went to The Village and met our friends, Lori and David, for lunch. Before lunch we walked around a cute stationary store. It was raining outside and there was the cutest heart umbrella, so Lou bought it for me. We ate at the Yardhouse for lunch. The food was so good but the company was even better. After a leisurely lunch we said goodbye to our friends and then went to Barnes and Noble. Josh had gotten Kira a Pop Hermione for Valentine's Day. When she opened it she noticed the wand was broken, so we exchanged it. When we got home it was present time! Lou was so nice and surprised me with an Apple Watch. It's not something I have ever really wanted but now that I have it, I can't picture my life without it. It's so nice for when I am in the classroom and can't have my phone on me. I love that it tracks my exercise and movement. I love not feeling like I always need my phone right near me. I get calls and texts and most of my apps as long as my phone is in range. I also got a beautiful skirt and some workout clothes. My parents, sisters, and friends also made me feel so loved with gifts, calls, and texts. That night Kira had an Honors Orchestra concert. She did so well. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday.






This semester has been so busy but I have enjoyed it a lot. I am doing my professional year internship in a 3rd grade class. I am there 3 days a week. I have two classes at Boise State one day a week. Needless to say its the busiest I have been in a very long time. I love the class I am doing my internship in, 3rd graders are so cute. My mentor teacher is great. I am excited for this semester to end however, and enjoy the nice summer break! I really have a hard time being this busy. I don't feel like I have enough time for Lou and the kids.

Here's to hoping I blog more than once this year!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Sorry it took me a few weeks to notice this, but, I haven't really been in the habit of checking ;)

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like your family treated you royally. Loves!