Sep 30, 2013

Le Cafe de Paris

I recapped how Kira broke her arm in my last blog post. What I didn't know when I wrote that post is that Kira actually has two broken arms.  The night before we took Kira to the doctor to get her cast on Lou touched her left arm and Kira winced. I asked Kira if it hurt she said only when she puts pressure on her hand.  When we were at the doctors I asked the doctor to check Kira's left arm.  Before the doctor put Kira's cast on her right arm she checked her left arm, Kira hardly complained but the doctor said she'd order an x-ray just in case and we could do it after we get the right cast on Kira.  Kira was very brave getting her cast on, being positive throughout the experience.  When Kira got her x-ray she did really well she said it only hurt a little.  After the x-ray we were sent back to the procedure's room.  The doctor came in shortly afterwards, looking very very sad and said she had some bad news. The doctor felt horrible that she didn't catch Kira's other broken arm when she came in the first time.  Lou also felt bad as he was the one that took her to the doctor the first night it happened.  Kira was okay, she was really positive about the situation.









Kira has been amazingly brave and happy throughout this whole traumatic experience.  Kira has learned to write with just her fingers, get dressed, eat among other daily tasks.  We still have a lot to do for Kira but its not bad because she tries so hard to do everything for herself.

Kira's Nana was sweet enough to send her this Piglet.  Kira LOVES Piglet.  Kira's Nana broke her arm a few years ago, she went to the doctor who put on her cast to get the casts put on Piglet. At first the doctor was reluctant and thought it was crazy but Nana showed a pic of Kira and he soon liked the idea.  Kira loves her new Piglet.



Besides dealing with a daughter with two broken arms, Lou and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. Like every anniversary or birthday, its hard to believe we've been married 12 years but at the same time I have a hard time remembering what life was like before Lou. Our anniversary is on September 29th.  The 29th fell on a Sunday this year so we celebrated on Saturday. 

We had a fun date.  We walked around downtown Boise.  We saw tons of people in orange and blue. So many Boise State fans. (yes I know I'm in Boise but it still weird to get used to seeing it). We went to a cathedral and the state capitol building.  We looked at all sorts of restaurants, asking to see menus before being seated. (I'm pretty picky).   We finally decided on a small French restaurant, called Le Cafe de Paris. 


 The food was absolutely amazing.  I had a delicious salad, chicken with linguine that came with this creamy mustard sauce and lastly I had a triple chocolate mousse dessert.  The chicken was probably the best chicken I've ever had, it was so flavorful.  Lou had muscles, the rack of lamb and blackberry cheesecake. Lou loved his food. It was fun to do something different. We had never gone to a French restaurant before. 




I'm looking forward to trying many new things with Louis.  This last year has been quite adventurous for us, probably the most peculiar of our marriage.  Life is happy when you are married to your best friend.  Lou gets me in a way that no one else does.  I love that I'd rather spend time with him than anyone else.  I feel closer to Lou now than I ever have in our marriage.  We don't have friends in Boise (yet) so we spend all our time with each other. (We do have Lou's cousins Zac and Karli who we love dearly and see frequently but they live an hour away). We don't have cable/satellite so we spend a lot of time talking in the evenings. We have developed a habit that after we put the kids to bed. We tell each other about our day, what we did, what we learned. We then read our scriptures together say our prayer and then we can watch whatever show on Netflix/Amazon.  We don't do it in this order every night but most.  Our Boise evenings have been very nice. 

Boise hasn't been my favorite but I do love how close I am to Lou and how close we are to the kids. We play games a lot and have little traditions like Sunday afternoon movie and smoothies.  So if anything Boise while not where I want to live as made me love my family even more than I thought was possible.



1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Like :)