Nov 27, 2013

Odds and Ends

Its been nearly two months since I've written. I think there a lot of reasons for missing on writing.
  • Not really happy living here- so its hard to write.
  • Busy- well kind of not always 
  • Feeling like there isn't anything to write about. 
I have tried to be happy, I really have. I am happy just not about living in Boise. It doesn't feel like home. I don't see us being here long term so its hard to be fully invested ™.  I miss my friends a lot. I wasn't one to see friends or talk to friends everyday but I miss knowing that I can go to lunch or dinner with Robin or Rachelle. I miss going to Alyssa's house for playdates and marathon talking sessions.  I miss my hot chick nights with Bridget and Robin.  I miss walking to Days and ALWAYS seeing someone from my ward. I miss my Edgemont ward and neighborhood so much. I loved going to church and having so many friends.  

Okay that is enough of what I miss. Lets get onto what's been going on.
  • Last week we attended our THIRD ward in the FOUR months that we have been here.  When we first came to Boise we were faced with the decision of attending the ward that our apartment belongs to or just go to the ward where we are building our house.  I opted for the apartment ward, Lou wanted the house ward. I was wrong. We went to the apartment ward for a few Sundays, we knew it wasn't where we we were suppose to be.We started to attend our ward within our house boundaries. We both felt at home.  Last week we found out that our Stake was changing ward boundaries and we would be attending a new ward once again. We went this past Sunday to our new ward. It seems nice enough, its quite large,(apparently it was very small before the changes) it was really loud during Sacrament meeting but maybe that was just the excitement of changes.  Lou and I were lucky enough to talk in our ward the last week we attended. It was funny it was like a welcome talk and a farewell talk (even though we didn't find out until that night that we would be part of the ward that was changing) .  Its so funny when we were looking at houses one of the reasons I wanted Southeast Boise and not a growing place like Meridian is because I didn't want changes in our ward!! Silly me.
  • The kids have had this entire week off. I LOVE it. In Utah they always just had the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving off. Its been so fun to get ready for Thanksgiving and have the kids around.  
  • Speaking of Thanksgiving. We will be spending Thanksgiving in Boise this year. It will be the first year I'll make the meal. I am so so excited. We'll miss Lou's family but it will be so fun to be just us too.  I have been planning for a few weeks the menu and the day. I have some fun ideas, that I'm really excited about it. We'll have turkey (I found a copycat recipe for the Honeybaked Ham turkey recipe... that we love) , ham, homemade Lionhouse rolls, mashed potatoes,  green bean casserole, stuffing (lou and josh like it, me and kira don't), stuffed mushrooms, a cranberry- apple pie relish, salad and of course pie.  I bought my family's traditional snacking food to eat throughout the day too.
Beautiful flowers Leann and Jeff sent me for Thanksgiving, saying they are going to miss us but wishing us luck :)
  • We are starting a new tradition on Thanksgiving.  After dinner and pie we'll open our Christmas season box.  I thought it would be fun to put a box together to welcome us to the Christmas season.  I bought a few Christmas movies, books and candies to put in the box.  I am sooo excited about his box, like beyond excited. I think the kids will love it.  It will be fun to think of new things to do every year with it. I almost bought Christmas shirts for the kids to put in but the movies and books were adding up :)
  • So I was going to take a mediation class this fall. I was pretty excited about it. But as I looked more and more into the training. Every training class is held on Sundays. You have to take quite a few courses before you are certified. I didn't feel right about that at all. So I won't be doing the mediation training anymore.
  • Our house is delayed again but that's okay. We need things to be done right, there were a few major things that the inspector and Lou didn't like when we had the inspection. So hopefully CBH will agree to fix those things, the way we want them fixed.
That's our update for now.  Hopefully I'll write more than every two months!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul and I never moved around with his job, although, I wish I had now. I have no experience outside of Utah. I'm proud of you and I think when you are all together with your family, you'll look back to see how you've grown. Happy Thanksgiving, Diana and family. Your Christmas box sounds so fun! Know you are loved!

Jody Genessy said...

Love that Christmas box idea! You just made me hungry for Thanksgiving, too.

Knowing you, Diana, you'll be writing a similar post about how much you're going to miss Boise and your great friends there whenever you do leave.

Enjoyed your long-awaited post. :)

Alyssa said...

That is an ambitious thanksgiving meal for one family. Hope you've got some help in the kitchen! Sounds yummy though :)

And I do hope you get in your house without too much hullabaloo. Here's to happy times!