Nov 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

I don't think yesterday could have been more perfect! The kids, Lou and I all had so much fun together. I am glad that we enjoy each other's company so much.  First thing we did was watch part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. We don't have TV so we found a stream online.  It was so fun to see the kids excitement when Santa Claus came to town in the parade.

It was my first Thanksgiving cooking the meal. I had a lot of fun. It wasn't really stressful. Everything (except the rolls for some reason) came out really good.  The turkey was delicious and I am not a turkey person. Lou also only eats turkey on thanksgiving and he said this turkey actually made him really excited about turkey, he loved it!


The kids were so good and helpful all day long.  Lou took them outside and played basketball for a little in the afternoon. I enjoyed cooking and listening to music when they were playing outside.

My friend Alyssa called, it was such a fun surprise. It made me realize how much I miss her!  We also received calls from our parents.



We started our new tradition of our Christmas Season box.  The kids were so surprised and so excited. We watched one of the videos I bought (a Mickey sing-a-long... it was one like we had growing up but with new songs also) and ate pie.  It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!


1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Your table looks so festive! Love it. So happy you had a wonderful day with your family.