Jan 7, 2015

How Blogilates Changed My Life

I feel like I have been pretty open on this blog about my thyroid problems. For the last few years they have not impacted my life like they had the previous five or so years. I feel like the dosage of medicine that the doctor has me on is just perfect. I am beyond grateful that I have a doctor who listens to me the patient and my symptoms and not just the results of the yearly blood work. I am also grateful that my doctor is still my doctor even though we moved to Boise. Before we moved that was one of my biggest concerns, how will I find another understanding doctor. I talked to my doctor and he said oh yeah I treat people all over the country. It will be no problem to keep you as a patient.  Now I just worry about when he retires. Anyway. I haven't been as tired or sick. I haven't been as depressed with my thyroid functioning as it should the last few years. I hadn't however felt like previous thyroid/pre-kids Diana though. That is until this past year.




At the end of May I sent a simple text to our cousin Karli. Karli is an amazing health coach. I said can you help me feel healthy/better. She said of course. We texted about how I felt and what we could do to help. She suggested I eat healthier (her maintaining phase if I were on a diet program). I asked her about exercise also. I asked about something I could do at home. She suggested Blogilates. I had never heard of Blogilates. I looked it up and was instantly interested. I started that very day. (That is the day Lou and I started running also) Cassey Ho started Blogilates.

Over the last seven or so months of doing Blogilates six times a week I feel like Cassey is my personal friend. Blogilates starts with a beginner calendar. All the workouts are from Cassey and they are all on Youtube. The first day I thought wow this is great but maybe too easy. The second day I thought nope not too easy. I have never consistently stuck with an exercise program like I have Blogilates. I have only missed a few days because of the flu. I have missed 4 days total in 7 months. I love it that much. So for 30 days you do the beginners calendar. It gets you used to her workouts. Everyday a workout is focused on a different part of the body but you whole body gets a workout. Its not just old late pilates. It is so much more. After the 30 days you do the regular workouts. She sends out a monthly calendar. You can also find playlists of her daily workouts on youtube. Usually workouts are anywhere between 45 minutes to 75 minutes. I have never had a better workout, not classes at the gym, working out on treadmills/ellipticals, not even that summer I did power yoga (which I still love). Blogilates has changed my life.

Blogilates has given my energy that was lost due to my thyroid. It has given me confidence. It has made me happy with my body. I have muscles on my abs! My legs are stronger. I am stronger. I feel like I am me again. It has made me happy. The healthy eating has helped that too. I have not done as well as I like with that over November and December but I'm okay with that. I still did my Blogilates. I look forward to doing my Blogilates everyday (rest day on Sunday). I am so glad  to have found an exercise program (for free!!!) that I love, will actually do and has results.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Well now, you have piqued my interest-- especially with the 'free' part :). That is so awesome that this has helped you feel so great! You must love it if you've only missed a handful of days.

When I can manage an exercise block longer than 40 minutes in my day I may look it up :).