Jan 1, 2015

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year: Love the Allens.

Its hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone. Every year the Christmas season seems to go by quicker and quicker. We enjoyed staying here for Christmas. I love doing things how our family wants to do them. I love having the focus be on our kids. It is just so nice. On Christmas Eve Lou had to work in the morning but we were so lucky to have him in the afternoon and evening. We did last minute grocery shopping (food for Christmas eve and Christmas) at Fred Meyers. It was funny to see all the men doing their last minute shopping, wandering down the aisles aimlessly. We came home and had a nice dinner. We had pasta, salad, and rolls. After dinner we started our Christmas Eve program. It was so fun. I think our kids are such the perfect age to celebrate Christmas. We began by singing Christmas songs, I played the piano. We sang and sang for nearly an hour. It was so fun. We read The Night Before Christmas, I Believe in Santa and of course Luke 2.



We decided a few years ago that on Christmas Eve we would open the gifts from my family and friends. As a child we opened all our gifts on Christmas Eve, we figured by opening gifts from the Field family on Christmas Eve we would be sticking with that tradition. We got such lovely gifts from my family. My friends also were sooo thoughtful. Robin got me a Jazz cookbook that was made in 1992-1993. It is seriously like the perfect gift for me! Alyssa got us basketball mugs (it has a hoop where you can shoot your marshmallows in the mug!) Moni got me two bags. I needed a new purse! After opening gifts we put the kids to bed.  I love Christmas Eve with Lou after the kids go to bed. It is seriously one of my favorite moments of the entire year! We wrap presents, eat treats and watch cheesy Christmas movies on Netflix.



The kids woke up a little before 7:00 on Christmas. They were so excited to open their gifts. They got a Wii U this year for their big gift. They got Wii U games, spy gear, Star War toys and more :)







We had a fun Christmas! Lou was able to work from home a lot this week,it was so nice after hardly seeing him the last month. Today he however had to work and is working late. Now it's New Year's. Its 2015. Its crazy how fast time flies. I never like the month January. It always seems like such a let down after December. I am trying to have a good attitude though this year. I will appreciate the little things and make January great.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a lovely time. Glad you felt so loved!