Sep 2, 2014

Monkey Bars Are Dangerous

Anytime Liberty Elementary shows up on my phone, I always get a little nervous. Ever since Kira broke her arms I get a nervous jolt in my heart when I see the name of the school on my phone. Today I saw I had a missed call and a voicemail from the school. Nervously I listened to the message. It was from the school nurse. It made me feel anxious when she said "First off I just want to say everything is okay" Ugh... why wouldn't everything be okay. I listened to the rest of the message to find out that Josh fell off the monkey bars flat on his face. Josh was okay but pretty shakened up, with abrasions along the side of his face. Now I'll be honest I was picturing a little scrapes and scratches so when I was talking to Josh and he sounded so sad and was crying, I wasn't as sympathetic as I could have been. I asked him how he felt, told him to be brave and go back to class. 

Josh came home from school and when he walked through the door and saw his face I felt horrible! If I knew how bad it was I would have ran to the school quick as lightning to pick him up!


Poor Josh!! This fall happened on the same exact monkey bars where Kira fell and broke her arms. Apparently monkey bars are dangerous business in our house.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Dude, do they have cement under the monkey bars?! Those are some mean scratches. Get better soon Josh!

Booking It With Sandi said...

I think it's time to ban the monkey bars for your kids. Poor little guy.

Don't worry about your reaction, I would have done the same thing. You just can't see what their face looks like until they come home. :(